Currently, Cybersecurity is essential to guarantee the protection of data and important information on any device with internet access, regardless of whether it is a home or office. However, Cybersecurity in companies is even more necessary for the proper functioning of business operations since various problems such as information leakage and monetary losses due to hacks to the organization’s accounts can be avoided.
In this post we want to remind you to check Digital Fire and good practices that you can take to protect yourself from information thieves, both personally and in your company, and that you will have to apply in the systems and in your personal attitude.
The Cybersecurity is the protection of data that companies generate. It is carried out with the management of possible attacks that put at risk the information processed, stored and transported by information systems.
THEREFORE, CYBERSECURITY AIMS TO MINIMIZE THE RISKS OF THREATS THAT ARRIVE THROUGH THE INTERNET.
Where more cyber-attacks are registered is in the Public and Government Administrations, but hackers also seek to violate our personal data, especially through the Internet of Things (IoT). Gmail suffers from regular surges. One of the best known was the 5 million passwords that were leaked through a Russian forum. JP Morgan Chase, one of the largest banks in the world, was not spared either from hackers, who accessed 76 million families and 7 million companies; luckily, the accounts and assets were never in danger, according to the entity. And, to give one more example, we want to cite the attack suffered by the network of contacts for married people and adults, Ashley Madison, last July. The company reported that the personal and financial data of 37 million customers were exposed.
WHAT WE CAN DO TO PROTECT OURSELVES FROM HACKERS?
- Keep the computer programs that we have installed up to date.
- Have an efficient antivirus installed.
- Carry out regular analyzes of our personal computers, tablets or smartphones.
- Disable media auto play in operating systems (Windows, Linux, etc.).
- Analyze any hard drive or pen drive before using it on our PC.
- Analyze the attachments that come to us through e-mail, even if the sender is a trusted acquaintance.
- Browse only safe sites and learn to differentiate the fraudulent ones.
And, also, if you are a company:
- Keep staff informed of safety practices, with adequate training.
- Carry out regular audits of IT systems.
- Upskill some employees by letting them take online it courses australia related to cyber security.
5 BENEFITS OF IMPLEMENTING GOOD SECURITY PRACTICES
Although we cannot guarantee that no hacker will fail in their attack if you consider these 7 good Cybersecurity practices, you do get some benefits from their application:
- You improve the corporate image before your clients.
- You can make better decisions in the technological investments that you must make.
- You control and measure security incidents / accidents, which allows you to improve the prevention of similar ones.
- You know in advance the risks that the company faces, limiting its impact on the organization.
- You have a system that allows you to act faster and more efficiently against possible attacks.
My name is Tom William a expert content creator and SEO expert having Proven record of excellent writing demonstrated in a professional portfolio Impeccable grasp of the English language, including press releases and current trends in slang and details.