Humans have always loved gambling, something that has recently been proven by archaeological findings in China that point to rudimentary gambling games being played as far back as 2000 BC. Back then people were playing very simplistic games that revolved around playing card tablets, however these days there are all manner of gambling games to choose from, with many of them being online too!
Out of all the different forms of gambling games that have been created over the years there is no getting away from the modern slots revolution. Back in the late 1800s a man called Charles D. Fey designed the world’s first genuinely commercial slot game, and since then the industry really hasn’t looked back. Slots in the 21st century have never been more popular either, and a big part of that are the massive jackpots available – play Fluffy Favourites].
Read on for some of the biggest historical slot wins – they’ll blow your mind!
The biggest slot wins ever
Right then, let’s take a look at the biggest slot wins ever, but before we do there is just a bit of background information to consider. You see, when it comes to the biggest ever slot wins in the world there is one very famous slot machine that you really do have to know about – the Las Vegas Megabucks slot machines. These a land-based slot machines that have a progressive jackpot and are responsible for many of the largest slot wins ever.
Regardless, keep reading for a selection of the biggest slot wins ever:
· £13.2 million: The first massive slot win we are going to take a look at was actually won in the online casino world, specifically with the famous Microgaming classic Mega Moolah. A Brit called Jon Heywood was the lucky recipient of this prize, made possible by the incredible Microgaming Progressive Jackpot Network. Imagine winning all that off of just one spin! Mental.
· $4.6 million + $21.1 million: Now, this is a biggest slot win story that we absolutely love telling, mainly because it features twice as much luck as normal. Elmer Sherwin won a pretty massive $4.6 million jackpot on a Las Vegas Megabucks machine back in 1989, however once wasn’t enough, because almost two decades later in 2005 he won again, this time scooping an outrageous $21.1 million.
· $39.7 million: Okay, now we’re onto the big one! Back in 2003 a particularly fortunate US software engineer won the largest slot jackpot ever recorded – a whooping $39.7 million. The jackpot was won through a $100 wager on a Las Vegas Megabucks machine (what else?), and is still the biggest slot jackpot ever.
How can I win an enormous slot jackpot?
All this talk of frankly outrageous sized slot jackpots must have tickled your fancy somewhat, so now we’re going to go through a few things that you can do in order to win an enormous slot jackpot:
· Play progressive jackpot slots
· Be patient
· Make sure you have a bankroll to support yourself
Barry Lachey is a Professional Editor at Zobuz. Previously He has also worked for Moxly Sports and Network Resources “Joe Joe.” he is a graduate of the Kings College at the University of Thames Valley London. You can reach Barry via email or by phone.