Users’ testimonies and reviews can be powerful instruments for raising brand trust. Testimonies are a form of social proof of your brand, service, or product’s worthiness. Real testimonies of your satisfied customers help in building trust in your potential customers and in marketing your brand, product, or service. Testimonies allow people to perceive your brand and products from a similar point of view and from the position of people alike. In further text, web design Chicago experts will reveal the best practice for designing a testimonial page so that testimonies provide the most effective results and help in your goals of increasing confidence in the brand and improving the conversion.
A testimonial page is a place on your website where your potential customers can read about the experiences of your previous customers. The bad design of the testimonial page can bring more harm than benefit and increase the bounce rate instead of pursuing website visitors to buy your product.
The statistics suggest that approximately 93% of shoppers inspect and consider the online reviews of products that have intentions to buy. This implies the importance of testimonies in contributing to establishing brand trust, generating leads, converting potential buyers into customers, and closing sales.
However, the testimonial page not only affects sales but also contributes to successful SEO. Product-specific testimonials of more than 10 can drive keyword ranking and can rise search traffic by between 15% and 20%.
The attributes of quality testimonies that should be implemented on the testimonial page:
- We all understood that customer testimonials are proclaims of the great customer experience of collaborating with your company or using your products, but that is not the only thing you should consider when choosing the reviews to implement in your testimonial page. One of those aspects is that testimonials must resonate with your target audience. These reviews must be inspiring and motivating, persuasion potential buyers to take the desired action.
- The testimonial page should serve as an additional indexed page on your website. This means it should contain information about the features of a product and other keywords that your marketing strategy uses for reaching a high ranking in searches.
- When it comes to the characteristics of quality testimonies of reviews that have great potential are: authentic, straight, and short, implementing specific information, being too relative or imprecise, personalized, and conversational.
- Types of testimonies:
- Quote – quotes are brief artwork or ads of satisfying customers about positive collaboration with your company.
- Video – video testimonies are a combination of audio and image content that can be quite captivating and preferably shareable.
- Audio – this is a cost-effective approach to testimony. Additionally, this is efficiently shearable, requires fewer data and memory for upload, and requires less work in the production process.
- Case study – this type of testimony requires a comprehensive analysis of individual users’ experiences. This makes case study testimonies more specific in demonstrating customer experience and usually incorporates the entire customer story, unlike other testimonial types that are focused only on relevant details.
- Social media – this approach is also known as “influencer testimony” and as the name suggests is a review provided by someone relevant and significant in the domain and for your target audience.
- Peer reviews – this type takes the short sequences of reviews that are left on relevant review sites such as Angie, Yelp, Trust Pilot, or others. The reviews for review sites can be very powerful as many people seek customer experience from their sources as they provide an objective and honest customer opinion and don`t consider paid reviews. This approach is very convenient as it holds customers to your website and prevents them from seeking unbiased opinions else ware. By screenshotting or quoting the feedback from these sites, you bring the reviews to potential customers instead of letting them search for them.
- Blog posts – the testimonies in this form consider writing in depth about the entire customers’ journey of your previous customers exposing specific information that can be relevant, useful, and persuasive for your potential buyers.
- Press review – press can still play an important role in marketing, therefore positive reviews in this kind of publicity are something that the company should try to accomplish.
After determining one or more testimonial types you are about to implement in your website, the next important thing to consider is design elements that will make a testimonial page compelling and genuine.
When choosing or creating a testimony keep in mind that they should sound unique, authentic, and yet familiar.
- Make them visually appealing
Visuall details such as videos, images, and social media feeds can be engaging and add to a testimonial description.
- Make them descriptive and specific
Rewies should provide more than just pausing the company or product. Testimonials should dig a little deeper and provide specific information about the product regarding its purpose, use, or other characteristics that can be helpful for readers and convince them to buy a product.
Highlight those testimonials that best align with particular features of your product and enhance them by linking them to different relevant product or tool pages. The linking will provide your potential customer with an opportunity to find out more about your product, how it can be used, demos, before and after images, or other useful information.
After you create your testimonial page, and add its link to the homepage and “about us” page, and throughout the whole website, you should consider the ways to promote it to increase your customer base.
Barry Lachey is a Professional Editor at Zobuz. Previously He has also worked for Moxly Sports and Network Resources “Joe Joe.” he is a graduate of the Kings College at the University of Thames Valley London. You can reach Barry via email or by phone.