Eye makeup is a rather difficult and crucial stage in the process of applying cosmetics. Of course, other areas require no less attention, but the style as a whole depends on the make-up of the eyes.
The Eyeliner makes the eyes more expressive, clear, emphasizes the depth and beauty. However, it is not so easy to use it, especially if there is absolutely no experience in this regard. The first step in choosing the best eyeliner is a quality product.
Eyes are the mirror of the soul. To maximize focus on them, you need to use a variety of types of cosmetics. There will be too few shadows and mascara for perfect makeup, even the best eyeliner is needed here.
There are several varieties of the cosmetic product, so several rules should be considered before buying:
- Composition. The eyeliner should contain not only coloring pigments, but also nutrients. They protect the skin from external factors.
- A type. For everyday makeup, you can opt for a pencil eyeliner. It will allow you to make neat and thin arrows. In the evening, a felt-tip pen will be the best choice: it lasts much longer.
- Colour. This factor plays an important role in the selection of eyeliner. It is better to highlight blue-eyed with arrows with an orange tint, brown-eyed – light, contrasting – blue and azure, and green-eyed – purple.
- Firm. Particular attention is paid to the manufacturing company. The best are French, Italian, American firms.
Makeup artists recommend drawing a line with a brush on the back of your hand when buying. If it goes easily without shading, then the product is of high quality.
Varieties of eyeliners
Now manufacturers provide several options for liners. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages. In this case, the main thing is to determine the desired effect of the application. The most popular types are:
- Pencil. The most affordable and lightest eyeliner option. It is easy to apply, allows you to draw thin or thick arrows. The pencil has excellent stability and is available in classic or mechanical form.
- Liquid eyeliner. This type of tool is suitable for those who already know how to create neat arrows. Liquid eyeliner determines the saturation of the coating, draws quickly and does not roll down throughout the day.
- Eyeliner pencil. With its help, you will make thin or thick lines, they will not smear for a long time. As a rule, the formula of such a product is waterproof, therefore it is recommended to use micellar water or any two-phase product when rinsing.
- Eyeshadow. A great option for drawing beautiful arrows. You can apply on top of the finished one to make the color richer. A flat beveled brush is used for drawing.
- Gel eyeliner. It is usually supplied in small jars and requires the use of a brush. But you can buy a brush that suits you perfectly. The eyeliner is economical and gives a long lasting vibrant color.
For beginners, it is better to refuse liquid products, and you can fill your hand on the lines with a solid applicator. For those who prefer arrows on the lower eyelid, it is recommended to take a soft contour pencil.
Andrea Parker is a reporter for Zobuz. She previously worked at Huffington Post and Vanity Fair. Andrea is based in NYC and covers issues affecting her city. In addition to her severe coffee addiction, she’s a Netflix enthusiast, a red wine drinker, and a voracious reader.