Sometimes, for a student, it is difficult to write essays without mistakes. They look at the finished paper and think that it needs to be completely rewritten. Writing an essay without mistakes needs attentiveness and knowledge. However, this article will help you to deal with this task easier.
How to avoid mistakes in your essay
- Pay attention to the introductory and concluding parts. You should make sure that they correspond, firstly, to the given topic, and secondly, to each other. They must echo the same points.
- Read the questions of the introductory part and theses. Make sure that the theses answer the questions asked. If your theses do not answer the questions, or you do not know how to format them correctly, then it is better to ask for help. The easiest way is to google “write my essay.” For this inquiry, you will find writing services that can help you with your thesis and essay in general.
- Don’t repeat the same words or cognate words in adjacent sentences. When the work is done on a draft, underline any repeated words in the essay. This applies even to those that were caught just a few times. If a word occurs more often than once in a paragraph (or more often two or three times in an essay), use synonyms or rearrange sentences.
- Check pairs: thesis + argument. Make sure that the example is about what the thesis is about, and not about anything else.
After you have made sure that the essay is written in accordance with the topic and does not contain logical errors, proceed to the detection of speech, grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors. There will also be several stages here.
- Check the text for separate sentences. Find grammatical foundations, and ask questions for all minor issues. Is this method long and boring? Yes, but it will allow you to check the compatibility of words and their grammatical connections. Place punctuation marks if necessary. In case you doubt the need for a particular sign, rebuild the structure. After all, this is an essay. You can, and should, change the text.
- Read each word by syllable, as in the first grade. It is better to start not from the beginning of the sentence but from the end. This process may seem counter-intuitive, but this is how you can find spelling errors.
Finally, you have completed the revision. Counting the number of words is the only thing left. You must take all words into account, such as prepositions, conjunctions, and particles. Simply put, what is written separately is considered a separate word. This does not apply to numbers. Also, a hyphenated word is considered one word. What if your essay is less than required? You’ll have to increase the volume to the required minimum; otherwise, the work will not be highly evaluated.
If only a few words are missing, then you can add introductory words like “of course” and “undoubtedly” – you can also add appropriate adverbs to verbs and adjectives to nouns. If a significant number of words are missing, then you can, firstly, comment in more detail on the works cited as literary arguments, and secondly, add a whole paragraph of a thesis plus the argument.
People do not like to show weakness, but we all make mistakes, even the best of us. However, we should learn from our mistakes in order to improve, especially concerning essay writing. We hope that this guide will come in handy for those who are learning to write without errors.