Early childhood education focuses on the development of children between the ages of 3 and 5. Ideally, mental and physical development ought to receive equal attention throughout this developmental period, however in recent decades, mental development has been de-emphasized, whereas physical development is receiving less emphasis at the same time.
Integrating physical activity into young children’s lives is essential to building a foundation of movement and activity that they’re going to carry with them throughout their lives. Physically active kids learn habits from an early age that greatly increase their possibilities of being physically active as young adults and throughout adolescence and adulthood.
Benefits of movement-based learning
There are several reasons why encouraging structured physical activity in kids can profit them throughout childhood and into adulthood. These reasons extend on the far side physical development to social, emotional and psychological development. Babies are naturally active and move, run, kick, throw and play on their own in almost any setting. However, children nowadays face a variety of challenges that reduce their natural capacity for movement and physical activity, including:
• Entering daycare at an early age, where they’ll or might not emphasize movement and physical activity.
• Increased use of technology as a form of sedentary activity leaves less time for movement-based activities.
• Classrooms that focus on mental rather than physical activities, beginning in pre-school, prepare students to fulfill syllabus necessities and meet standardized take a look at score levels later in their education.
• Single-parent households or folks who each work outside the house leave very little time for regular daily activities and movement with their kids.
If your kids attend child care or educational institution, choose a college with an early childhood education program that mixes movement and physical activity with psychological feature learning and emphasizes learning and discovery through movement.
There are several advantages for kids who expertise enlarged movement and physical activity throughout childhood. Additionally to assembling healthy habits and fostering a long commitment to physical activity, kids whose babyhood education is based on movement reap the following advantages in childhood and throughout their lives:
• Better social and motor skill development
• Enhanced school readiness skills
• Faster formation of developing muscles, bones and joints
• Fat loss and blood pressure reduction
• Reducing depression and anxiety
• Increased ability to learn
• Developing healthy social, cognitive and emotional skills
• Building strength, confidence, concentration and coordination from an early age
Further, active kids have fewer chronic health issues, are sick less usually, miss less school, and have a considerably reduced risk of the many childhood and adult diseases, together with heart disease, diabetes, obesity, depression, and mental disease.
Visit Economist Panda to get answers to all your market research questions plus they are all answered by research experts, surveyors, market research analysts and customers or potential customers.
Amanda Byers is a graduate of Columbia, where she played volleyball and annoyed a lot of professors. Now as Zubuz’s entertainment and Lifestyle Editor, she enjoys writing about delicious BBQ, outrageous style trends and all things Buzz worthy.