Photo editing is a great way to make your photos look even better. It can be used for many different purposes, such as making the colors pop, removing unwanted objects from the photo, or just adding some fun effects.
Editing photos online is not as easy as it sounds. Luckily, there are some great apps and websites available online that make editing your photos super simple. We’ve put together a list of our top five tips for editing your photos with the help of an online photo editor.
- Use the right app or website – There are lots of apps available for both Android and iOS devices with general editing capabilities. Some mobile apps offer you unique options like red-eye removal, background replacement, etc. to edit your photos in a specific way. So, you should choose a photo editor as per your needs.
- Get rid of distractions – If you have someone in the background who is wearing bright clothing or has their eyes closed then chances are they’ll distract from what’s actually in focus (the subject). Try zooming into your image using a photo editor so that any distractions can be cropped out easily with editing tools.
- Be careful while using filters- Before applying filters, check the preview, experiment with different effects, and find out how your image looks afterward. For instance- sometimes adding grainy effects turn pictures into blurry and pixelated!
- Take care of brightness and contrast- Sometimes when trying different filters and effects we forget about basic edits like contrast and saturation levels which can really affect how our pictures come across online. Try adjusting brightness, contrast, vignette, and other similar effects levels manually rather than relying on presets.
- Add or remove colors with caution- You need to remove color casts in photos when there is too much of one particular color. For example, if you take a picture outside on a sunny day and the sky looks blue but the grass is green then you can remove some of the blues from your image to make it look more natural. So while adding or removing color, adjust hue-saturation scale when working with RGB images and selective color adjusting scale with CMYK images.
To edit your photos online, we recommend Appy Pie’s photo editor. It is an easy-to-use software with a variety of simple to advanced editing tools. With Appy Pie editing software you can:
- Rotate, scale, flip or straighten your photos
- Crop your photos into any shape or size
- Add text captions to your photos with different fonts and colors
- Draw on top of your photo with different brushes and colors
- Add stickers and shapes to your photos
- Apply different filters to your photos
- Adjust the brightness, contrast, saturation, or hue of your photo
- Remove red-eye from your photos
You can upload your pictures and edit them online, then download the edited version of the picture for free with Appy Pie’s editing software.
Good luck with editing your photos!