As you can understand from the term a dental emergency needs attention. The reason is that some injuries to your gums or teeth can turn serious. If not treated, they can lead to further damage. So, it is important not to postpone visiting an emergency dentist near you. If you wish to find the answer to your question of, when should I search for an emergency dentist near me, you can find the answer here:
Dental Emergency – What does it mean?
A dental emergency is a dental issue that needs immediate dentist attention. However, not all issues are emergencies when it comes to oral health. In case, you have a bleeding that does not stop or you have a pain that is not getting better with medication, you need dentist attention. Also, broken facial bone needs the attention of an emergency dentist.
Common Dental Emergencies
As you wish to know when to visit an emergency dentist, here is a list of dental issues that need immediate dentist attention:
- Tooth decay that has led to sensitivity
- Severe toothache that has not subsided with pain medication
- Fractured or dislocated jaw
- A dislodged orthodontic wire that intrudes on soft tissues in your mouth
- If something has stuck between your teeth
- Dislodged crown or filling
- Knocked-out teeth
- Chipped tooth or tooth fracture that causes pain
- Dry socket following a tooth extraction
- Severe dental infection that extends to other parts of your body
- Uncontrolled dental bleeding following a trauma or accident
First Aid for Dental Emergencies
Now, you have a rough idea of when to visit an emergency dentist. However, before you reach the office of an emergency dentist, you can do certain things to alleviate the discomfort.
- Make sure to rinse your mouth out with warm water
- You can gargle with warm water and baking soda mixture
- Otherwise, you can gargle with warm salt water
Doing the things mentioned above will help with cleaning out any debris that might be stuck between your gums or teeth around the area of injury.
Treatments Offered By An Emergency Dentist
The key purpose of an emergency dentist is to treat patients suffering from serious dental injuries or other dental emergencies like infections and abscesses.
To treat the condition, an emergency dentist can choose one of the many treatment options available. Based on the condition to be addressed, an emergency dentist can perform root canals, tooth extraction, or other required treatments. Some of these treatments might need local anesthesia based on the level of pain and the longevity of the treatment.
So, do not postpone an emergency dental visit for regular office hours. You can hit the doors of an emergency dentist at any time.
A highly experienced SEO expert with over five years of experience. He is also working as a contributor on many reputable news sites including APNEWS and TECHBULLION