Let me share a surprising fact with you. Around 50 million American men suffer from male pattern baldness while 30 million American women suffer from female-pattern baldness. Not only in America, but a similar phenomenon is also visible in metropolitan areas in India including Delhi. Fortunately, as the health section is growing, a couple of hair clinics have come up in these places.
For combating hair loss, in addition to hair transplantation, these clinics also provide hair fall PRP therapy to stimulate hair growth.
Who is a good candidate for hair fall PRP?
A well-experienced hair specialist will always guide accordingly regarding the eligibility of the hair fall PRP therapy. The reason is that the success of the therapy is largely dependent on the candidature of the patient undergoing the treatment. This is an important factor to consider because after all, hair fall therapy is a one-time investment.
- The patient is suffering from the early stages of thinning hair or hair loss
- None of the other physical treatment options have provided any relief or results
- Essentially the person should not suffer from any underlying medical conditions such as thyroid problems or lupus
- Patients are not taking any blood-thinning medications as the platelets won’t work as effectively as expected
- An individual is suffering from hair loss quite recently as it is more difficult to stimulate hair growth on scalps that have been bare for quite some time.
There is substantial evidence backing the fact that hair fall therapy is an effective treatment option to consider for the emerging problem of hair loss. According to an Indian study that focused on the effectiveness of hair fall therapy in men suffering from male-pattern baldness, found that after sittings of PRP therapy, there was 30 percent growth of hair thinning or bald areas.
Experts from top hair clinics in Delhi claim that patients experience 30 to 40 percent of hair growth in both males and females within a period of three months.
What are the benefits of hair fall PRP therapy?
There are various benefits of undergoing hair fall PRP therapy in India. The main five advantages of hair fall PRP therapy are described below-
- The therapy offers long-lasting results.
A single sitting of hair fall therapy takes three-six months to show positive results and once it does, it is more likely to stay for at least one and one and a half year.
- It’s comparatively safer than other options.
PRP works by using a person’s own blood plasma hence, the risk of any major side effects diminishes considerably. It is an age-old practice that has been modified over the years in order to ensure that the procedure is completed safely.
- It can treat difficult areas.
Other options may not be able to reach difficult areas on the scalp where the hair is thinning. As there is no extraction of any tissue, the surgeon can inject the plasma accordingly to what may be suitable.
- Guarantees complete hair restoration.
Platelet-Rich-plasma (PRP) is rich in elements that can stimulate the production of collagen and elastin that is essential for hair growth. Collagen production stimulates hair growth by improving the texture of the hair.
- More natural than other options.
The surgeon uses the patient’s natural elements such as plasma from the blood for hair restoration without adding any chemicals. Hence, it is a more natural process than other hair restoration techniques.
The additional advantages of the hair fall PRP therapy are-
- As there are no cuts or incisions, the patient doesn’t feel any pain nor there is any bleeding
- The whole procedure takes around 10-15 in total to complete
- The patient can resume work once the procedure is complete
- There is more blood flow to each hair follicle on the scalp
- Hair cycle is back on track within one year
Who benefits from PRP injections?
The following groups of people are benefitted the most as far as using plasma rich injections to restore hair on the scalp are concerned.
- People suffering from any form of alopecia including androgenic alopecia. Commonly known as male or female pattern baldness, people suffering from such a condition are benefitted majorly after hair fall PRP therapy.
- Most of the time people believe that hair fall PRP cures thinning hair only for men. But as this is a procedure which involves using someone’s own plasma, not only men but women also equally benefit from hair fall therapy.
- It is clinically tested that individuals belonging to the age group 18 to 72 years of age can successfully undergo hair fall PRP therapy.
- People suffering from early signs of hair loss get the best results from hair fall PRP injections.
- Individuals experiencing hair fall due to excessive stress often are highly satisfied with the results of hair fall PRP.
- People not experiencing complete baldness but mild thinning hair should consider this as the main objective of hair fall PRP therapy is to make the hair density stronger.
How does hair fall PRP work?
The procedure of hair loss PRP is actually quite simple. The first and foremost step of hair fall PRP is drawing the blood from the body. Using a syringe, the doctor takes a few vials of blood from where they are supposed to make platelets and plasma. After this, the blood is separated into their components through a process known as centrifugation. The separated cells are then processed and injected into the scalp. This eventually helps to repair damaged blood vessels that increase blood circulation to the follicles and stimulates hair regrowth.
The eligibility of hair fall PRP therapy is one of the major cursors that doctors consider for deciding the effectiveness of the hair fall therapy. Not all patients can undergo the therapy as they wish to do so. They need to get properly diagnosed first and the doctor’s recommendation after the same is important to make an informed decision. Hence, get in touch with your nearest hair clinic as soon as possible to know more.