Proven in recent years, Invisalign treatment has become the alternative par excellence to metal braces. This treatment, which is roughly the same price as a more traditional orthodontic treatment, offers several advantages.
Let’s take a look at the main points to consider before starting an Invisalign treatment with one of our dentists.
WHAT YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING TREATMENT
Before getting started with the popular Invisalign treatment, there are a few things you shouldn’t overlook. Here’s what you need to know:
- Invisalign offers the possibility of having an overview of the final result from the first appointments with your orthodontist thanks to the unique technologies available to you;
- The execution of the treatment is more concise than conventional orthodontics since the complete intervention can take 6 to 18 months, depending on the complexity to be treated;
- You will be happy to see that the Invisalign treatment requires fewer visits to your dentist, since fewer malocclusions form. Your oral health will therefore require less monitoring;
- The price of the treatment is not much cheaper than the braces. It is however a little faster in terms of duration;
- To be effective, it is absolutely necessary to keep the Invisalign aligners for a minimum of 22 hours a day, every day. You can remove them only to eat or brush your teeth;
- Since you have to wear the treatment for several hours a day, it is possible to feel rushed in your meals, that you have the feeling that you have to eat more quickly;
- In order to preserve your new smile once the treatment is finished, it will be important to wear retention trays at night. In comparison with the metal pins, they will act like the metal wire that one installs following a treatment;
- The implementation of an Invisalign treatment requires a certain daily maintenance as well as a safe storage in order to increase the life of your aligners;
- The Invisalign process consists of wearing a sequence of aligners, which will need to be changed every two weeks until the end of treatment;
- The main advantage of this option lies in the fact that the gutters are invisible, and that it is possible to eat all types of food without depriving yourself.
The Invisalign is very popular nowadays. If you want to review the alignment of your teeth while being very discreet and particularly effective. Contact the dentists to check if you are eligible for this type of treatment. They will be able to verify the complexity of the work to be done and will be able to guide you through this process.
Rachel Dixon works on travel and features at Daily Mid Time