No wall is attractive if it’s scuffed and dingy. It would help if you always cleaned your wall in addition to other parts of the living room, so that the space appears appealing and cleaner.
It would help if you kept in mind that flat painted walls require special treatment. If you scrub the flat pain very vigorously, it can make the finish wear down and hurt the sheen as well. Are you thinking about how can you clean your flat painted walls? If yes, this article has you covered.
Know if it’s a Flat Paint
Before opting for the cleaning process, ensure that yours is a flat painted wall. It doesn’t indicate the wall texture, rather the matter finish of the wall. And because it doesn’t reflect the light, the flat paint is apt for concealing flaws in accent walls and ceilings. And if there is a 0% to 10% gloss, you can say that you have flat paint.
Arranging the Cleaning Tools
You need to ensure that your cleaning equipment list includes the following components:
- Paintbrush and touch up paint
- Cloth or sponge
- Eraser sponge
- Foam cleanser
- White vinegar
The Cleaning Processes
It’s essential to remove the stains and dirt from the flat paint walls at the earliest. Cleaning becomes a challenging task if you overlook it for a long time. If you want to remove scuff marks, smudges, and smears from the flat paint walls, this is how you need to go about it:
- It would help if you started by rubbing the wall using a damp, clean cloth or sponge. At times, you will only require water to eliminate stains and can do away with cleaning products. It will help you to manage the wall-stains the moment you locate it.
- If you find that plain water isn’t working, you can try to add vinegar to the damp cloth or sponge and scrub the walls gently.
- In case vinegar fails to remove the wall stain, you can opt-in for an eraser sponge for difficult spots. It’s a gentle cleaning product and will completely remove the stain without having a damaging impact on the flat paint walls.
- If you have to deal with stubborn wall stain, you can opt-in for a mild foam cleanser. You can adhere to the guidelines provided to obtain the best results.
- And the final cleaning process that you need to opt-in for is diluted detergent. You can add a tablespoon of detergent to a gallon of water. Make sure to dip the rag in the solution and scrub it to eliminate the stain.
That is not all! In case you have original wall paint, you can break the can and use a painter’s brush. You can even touch the stained area and cover it. You can also repaint your wall using a durable and new sheen. You can choose to opt-in for an egg-shell finish, which provides about 25% gloss because it’s durable and simpler to clean. However, today, several service providers can enable you to clean your flat-painted wall. To know more about it you can see Surepaint for cleaning flat painted walls. That way you can decide the best for your requirements.
Wayne Probert is a senior reporter at Zobuz, covering state and national politics, and he is a grantee with the Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting. Before joining Zobuz, he worked as a freelance journalist in Kentucky, having been published by dozens of outlets including NPR, the Center for Media.