Five Training Programs you should convert to eLearning
In an increasingly digital world, you can no longer adhere to traditional training programs tied to a physical location and whose effectiveness depends on the skills and personalities of the instructors. Your students, who may be geographically dispersed, want more freedom to choose the content they want at the time and place they want to take it. Digitizing learning is the only way to meet the demanding demands of modern collaborators.
Online Induction programs
Online Induction courses are a permanent challenge for organizations, and contrary to a popular conception, induction is not just about training new collaborators. Induction also refers to the training it provides to existing employees to update them on new tools, technologies, process, procedures, and regulations.
Creating an online induction eLearning course can benefit collaborators in several ways:
- Deliver the richest, most immersive experiences that make new learning more effective (through instructional techniques such as scenarios, quizzes, and simulations).
- Make new learning available to collaborators wherever they are and whenever they need it.
- Make new collaborators feel welcome by ensuring that they can access learning whenever they want.
- Free up time for collaborators who would have to spend multiple days in time-consuming, face-to-face training sessions.
- Give workers immediate feedback and monitor their progress.
- By organizing the contents into independent modules, giving collaborators the flexibility to choose and advance the course according to their needs.
With new products coming to market every day, eLearning is a cost-effective way to keep employees up-to-date on these changes.
The following are the benefits of having product training in eLearning mode:
- Online learning modules can be accessed anywhere, anytime. This is especially helpful for your sales and other customer facing staff who cannot make it to a classroom or stay tied to their desks for long.
- Online learning makes it easy for you to keep your coworkers up-to-date on the latest developments in the industry, and thus maintain a competitive edge as you’re speeding up your time to market.
- ELearning courses can be easily updated to reflect changes in real time.
In many companies, all employees are required to adhere to a strict and specific set of industry rules and regulations. Non-compliance is heavily penalized, especially when it comes to the banking industry for example.
Here’s how creating a compliant eLearning program can benefit your business:
- Time saving: eLearning makes it logistically possible for all employees in an organization to take a mandatory course without having to meet in a classroom.
- Personalization: Designers can create independent modules to provide relevant information to different groups of students.
- Turn boring content into something more dynamic: Multimedia elements can be incorporated into online learning modules to make learning attractive.
- Measuring Results: Creating and uploading eLearning courses on the LMS enables HR managers to track attendance and performance.
- Increase participation: Online courses can be made competitive by introducing real-time leaderboards. This healthy spirit of competition will motivate employees to follow and complete the courses.
Soft skills courses
More than ever, soft skills like negotiation, problem solving, leadership, and communication are not optional. In fact, according to this presentation by inductforwork, 75% of long-term job success depends on soft skills. This means that designing soft skills training is critical to your company’s productivity and performance.
Contrary to popular belief, eLearning training or blended learning are effective soft skills training methods. For example, eLearning can help students become familiar with theories, models, and scenarios quickly. Students can take the eLearning course on their own time and pace and reflect on learning before they come to the classroom to learn the practical part (if necessary).
It is imperative that your customer service representatives are always aware of the latest products and / or services that have arrived on the market and their prices and benefits. They need this knowledge to help customers make informed purchasing decisions. Therefore, training is a cornerstone in this process.
There are three main reasons how eLearning and online inducation can help train your customer service executives:
- The modules can be easily updated. In this way, customer service executives will always have updated information.
- The content is online, which means that customer service representatives can access the content from their workplace, making it a working tool.
- Greater knowledge improves the customer experience, and this is the good time for the state of the company (this can increase sales and provide a way to differentiate yourself from the competition.)