There are several actions you may do to raise the effectiveness of the heating and cooling system in your house. Saudi Arabia has the world’s largest air conditioning system. Each month, the 135,000 ton cooling system cools up to one million people. On days when the weather is pleasant, you may utilize fans, windows, and other alternatives to reduce your consumption of air conditioning or you can keep a closer eye on the thermostat. Get your HVAC system checked up annually to make sure everything is functioning correctly. According to Irish Heating and Air that you may minimize your total energy use today, by keeping the following advice in mind and passing it along to your family as you go about your day.
AC Maintenance and Use
A lot of energy may be used by air conditioners. Here are a few easy steps that might help you consume less energy.
- Change your AC fan’s setting from “on” to “auto.” Using the “on” setting will result in higher energy expenditures and more effort from the AC to keep the specified temperature.
- Draw the blinds and drapes during bright days to reduce heat buildup and maximize the cooling effect of the air conditioner.
- When the weather is pleasant, try to avoid using the air conditioner and instead employ natural ventilation.
- Have your HVAC system serviced frequently, ideally twice a year. A technician should come out in the spring and autumn to make sure your system is functioning optimally. Make sure you’re comfortable even on the hottest and coldest days of the year by tuning up your air conditioner before summer and your heater before winter.
Use a space heater wisely when you need to heat a small area of your house for a brief period of time.
- Use space heaters just in the room or place that you are in.
- Select the appropriate heater size for the room or space you w ish to heat.
- To reduce energy waste, use a thermostat-controlled space heater.
- When no one is around, turn off the space heater. The space heater wastes electricity and poses a fire risk when left unattended.
You may cut your energy consumption by making some simple changes to the way you operate your thermostat.
- Adhere to the “four-by-four” rule. When you leave the house for longer than four hours, raise the thermostat by four degrees to save money on power. 2
- Use a smart thermostat to automatically change the temperature to save energy after learning your routine.
In order to assist you feel more comfortable, ceiling fans help to circulate the air in a space.
- To generate a wind chill effect in the summer, turn your ceiling fan counterclockwise.
- Turn the fan clockwise in the winter to force warmer air downward.
- To reduce idling energy use, turn off ceiling fans when you leave a room.
- Use portable fans or install ceiling fans in any room that needs cooling.
According to Irish Heating and Air, changing your air filters will significantly reduce the amount of energy needed for your AC to operate. It simply takes a few minutes.
- Replace air filters on schedule. Your AC has to work harder than it needs to and has less air flow when the air filters are dirty. Make a note of the size and when to replace your air filters so that you are prepared to buy new ones when the time arrives. Can’t recall when it’s time to replace your air filters?
- If you have pets, change your air filters more often.
Dispersion of Air
Pay close attention to the ductwork and other elements of your HVAC system that affect airflow.
- Seal ducts properly to reduce the energy needed to heat and cool your house.
- Insulate ducts to improve the ductwork’s overall efficiency.
- Use metal tape or mastic sealant to stop any leaks.
Veronica Baxter is a writer, blogger, and legal assistant operating out of the greater Philadelphia area.