Technology has immensely developed over the years with tremendous ramifications. As it stands, the world runs on technology ranging from students accessing the paper writing service for their assignment needs to more complex sector needs in construction, manufacturing, agriculture, science, and many more. As such, education technology takes a prominent role in the education system of the current and future generations.
So how can education technology get used?
Uses of Education Technology
- Educating our society’s future citizens. Educators have a basic role in giving students the necessary tools for making informed decisions. It involves teaching students about critical thinking when it comes to digital information and digital citizenship. Because technology has come with a myriad of challenges such as cyberbullying, digitally altered videos and images besides fake stories.
- Student preparation for future opportunities of work
Jobs will remarkably look dissimilar to what we currently have shortly. It becomes crucial, therefore, to equip students for this reality.
- Closing the existing digital divide between individuals having the ability to access technology and those who cant. As such, education technology helps in closing the gap by availing the skills, Wi-Fi, and tech devices to disadvantaged kids, especially in public schools.
- Help digital natives to learn in a familiar language. All the existing teachers at the moment teach learners who got born and bred in the tech digital world. Therefore, teaching them education technology will not only help them learn new concepts but make them very comfortable as they learn.
- Education technology assists in differentiating instruction besides personalizing learning. Teachers can deliver personalized and differentiated instructions to each learner more efficiently.
- Education technology amplifies the diverse voices in trying to attain equity in the sphere of education. By using tech in education, students can communicate back concepts learned in their preferred method like a podcast or video creations, among others.
- Tech excites and engages learners when learning in class. As a consequence, the level of student engagement increases, which improves understand and performance.
- Education technology also assist instructors to focus on essential things. By essential, it means the welfare of the students by saving extra time otherwise used to teach or prepare learning materials.
- Technology also deepens the connection between the school and home setups. Teachers and parents can have busy schedules and little time to link up. Such teacher-family connection helps parents to monitor the academic progress of their kids, and technology assists hugely.
- Technology fosters new talents and interests. It can prove complex for a kid to understand their fascination with an item without getting exposed to the item. Through education technology, kids can have the exposure and realize hidden talents and skill besides interest in tech and other related disciplines. Such interests can include broadcast journalism, coding, film making, photography, podcasting, etc. Such exposure to learners can open a new world of opportunities and possibilities. Further, it makes learning extra real and opens up potential career opportunities for students in the future.
Every education system should seriously think of making education technology an essential part of the methods used in educating kids. It is crucial as technology only has the potential of becoming more central to everything in the world and education should not become the exception.
Barry Lachey is a Professional Editor at Zobuz. Previously He has also worked for Moxly Sports and Network Resources “Joe Joe.” he is a graduate of the Kings College at the University of Thames Valley London. You can reach Barry via email or by phone.