Keeping up with beauty standards isn’t always a bad thing. Sometimes you need to feel better about the way you look. This is evident in how Australians spend $1 billion on cosmetic surgery, surpassing the US by 40%. According to the Australian College of Cosmetic surgery, breast augmentation is among the most popular procedures.
The Cost of Surgery
Breast implants themselves don’t cost a significant amount. It’s the extra fees you pay before and after the surgery that will hurt your pockets. You need to pay the surgeon a considerable amount for operating on you. While it seems to end there, you must pay for anesthesia and follow up appointments after.
The type of breast implants Sydney offers can affect the total cost of surgery. You can choose between saline-filled or silicone-filled breast implants. Maybe pregnancy altered the shape of your breasts, or aging is causing them to sag. Asymmetry can be upsetting for most women, which is why they pay about 7,000 to 15,000 AUD to fix them.
Surgeons will likely have opinions over what kind of implant you should get. Saline-filled implants have sterile saltwater fillings, often pre-filled. However, if you wish to have minor changes regarding its size, you can ask the surgeon to fill it further. You might be less satisfied or regret it later, so think beforehand to avoid last-minute decisions.
On the other hand, silicone-filled implants have elastic gels inside them to make them soft and firm. Unlike saline implants, all silicone ones are pre-filled, so you can’t make rash decisions about them. Furthermore, the surgeon needs to make longer incisions, taking more recovery time.
Reasons Women Get Breast Implants
You must consider surgery only in the long term since reversing the process might cause medical complications in the future. Never get the breast implants Sydney offers out of a whim. The primary reasons for getting implants are the following:
- To make clothes fit the body shape
- To obtain an appealing figure with better proportions.
- To gain confidence and to feel better about oneself.
- To balance out the symmetry of the breasts affected by pregnancy or weight loss.
The Pros and Cons
Surgery can bring out the best in you. Still, it would help if you weighed the benefits and downsides of it. Below are the pros and cons of getting surgery:
- Breast implants are a long term solution
- You can be more confident in wearing bikinis to the beach.
- You instantly feel better about yourself and gain attention from others.
- Eventually, you must replace old implants with new ones — possibly paying more than the initial amount.
- You may change your mind sometime later and wish to remove implants due to pain.
Are You A Suitable Candidate?
Women should never be ashamed of getting surgery. If it’s for your well-being, it’s a choice you alone have to make. Still, you need to think about if surgery is for you. If your breasts are causing you unhappiness, you might need implants:
- You think your breasts are smaller than average and feel negative about it.
- Your breasts become less firm after becoming a mother.
- You are getting older, and your breasts are starting to sag.
In the upcoming years, Australians will get breast implants to make themselves happier. Already, a whopping 1.6 million searches by Australians are cosmetic surgery related. For a woman, breasts are noticeable aspects of their physical beauty, and breast implants can enhance them to fit personal standards.