Do you know where the power button is on your Dell Vostro laptop? If not, don’t worry – it’s actually pretty easy to find.
The power button on a Dell Vostro laptop is located on the top-left corner of the keyboard. Just look for the key with the image of a power cord and a circle around it. Pressing this button will turn on your laptop.
If you’re still having trouble finding the power button or your laptop power button is not working, try looking in the manual that came with your laptop. It should have a diagram that shows you exactly where to find all of the important buttons and ports on your machine.
Once you’ve found the power button, go ahead and give it a press to turn on your Dell Vostro laptop. Then, you can get to work on whatever task you need to accomplish.
Does dell vostro laptop has a power button
Yes, the Dell Vostro laptop has a power button. The power button is located on the top of the keyboard, near the right side. Pressing the power button will turn the computer on or off.
What Is A Power Button?
A power button is a physical button on a laptop that is used to turn the device on and off. The power button may be located on the front, side, or top of the laptop, depending on the model. Pressing and holding the power button for four seconds will force the laptop to shut down, even if it is not responding to other commands.
Pressing the power button once will put the laptop into a sleep or standby mode, depending on the settings. Pressing it again will wake the device up. Some laptops have a dedicated sleep button
If the power button is pressed and held for about 10 seconds, this will force a hard reboot of the laptop. This should only be done as a last resort, as it can cause data loss or corruption.
How To Turn On Dell Vostro Laptop
1. To begin, locate the “power” button on the lower-left side of the Dell Vostro laptop’s keyboard.
2. Once you have found the power button, press and hold it down for approximately three seconds.
3. After you have held the power button down for three seconds, release it and then immediately press and release the “F1” key.
4. Doing so will cause the Dell Vostro laptop to enter into its BIOS setup utility program.
5. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to navigate to the “Boot” tab, which is usually located near the top of the BIOS screen.
6. Within the “Boot” tab, use the arrow keys to highlight the “Boot Device Priority” option and then press the “Enter” key.
7. This will bring up a menu with different boot device options. Use the arrow keys to highlight the “CD/DVD Drive” option and then press the “+” key to move it up in the priority order.
8. Once you have moved the “CD/DVD Drive” option up in priority, press the “F10” key to save your changes and exit out of the BIOS setup utility program.
9. At this point, you can insert a CD or DVD into the Dell Vostro laptop’s optical drive and it should boot from it automatically.
Amanda Byers is a graduate of Columbia, where she played volleyball and annoyed a lot of professors. Now as Zobuz’s entertainment and Lifestyle Editor, she enjoys writing about delicious BBQ, outrageous style trends and all things Buzz worthy.