There are times when it is great to have a party at the office, as it gives a chance for the employees to get together, and mingle with the management people.
Although, what is in it for the company if they hold corporate parties? Will they get anything for their efforts in holding such events?
Quick Facts about Corporate Parties
Asides from these parties, there are other events that a company can hold.
- Networking Events
- Charity Balls
- Company Dinners
- New Products Launch
- Trade Shows
The company bankrolls all of these events for the employees, clients and prospective clients. It may take a lot of planning to get these events off the ground, but as long as the people responsible for it are of what the company needs, then these should go through without a hitch.
How Important Are They for the Company?
- It provides insight into the company’s culture.
A company’s culture is one of the biggest draws when it comes to its employees. How do they treat their employees? How loyal are the people under them? Do they give importance to the individuals who keep the company on its feet?
These parties are also a good time for the company’s people to see how well the business is taking care of them, that once a year, they celebrate not just what they did for the company, but their efforts as well.
- It is an avenue for people to know the company’s goals.
Corporate parties are the best time then to let others know what the company is really about. This party is how the business can make its people know what the company’s priorities are and where they would like to bring the company to.
- It is an opportunity for the company to recognise its employees.
These parties are also the best time to recognise your employee’s efforts over the past year and is the very reason why even people who skip on other events attend these parties.
- It lets outsiders know what they are missing out on.
These parties are also a way for potential customers to see what it means to work with the business and the benefits that they are missing out on. Other prospective clients will also have an idea of what the business can offer them and what they can expect from the company. They will have an idea if the company is just for profits, or they also take care of the wellbeing of their employees. That is, the business also understands that their people are also part of the reason why they are still working.
Corporate Parties DOs and DON’Ts
- DO ask your employees to feel free and go around that they can mingle and talk with anybody at the party, colleagues or management alike.
- DO provide ways for people to get ideas and have something to talk about while eating or socialising. A table decor that would have family photos of colleagues is a good start. You can also have a surprise game where guests would have to look for cue cards that would have questions on them. Best answers get a prize!
- DON’T let people chat about work. They are supposed to have fun!
- DON’T treat the part as if it is a meeting with a program to follow.
Remember to plan the party around the business itself and your employees. You do not need to go all out in preparing for the celebration. Your employees will enjoy themselves better at an occasion that goes with their lifestyle.